I remember reading about someone keeing a /boot partition which holds their kernels as
well as /lib/modules/2.x.x-x directories, which are then linked to in the original
locations...  I have attempted this and have been running face first into a wall when
attempting to load modules...  I'd be interested in hearing some pointers on this one.
 I believe I read it in a post by David Bandel.

TIA,
Matt

ps.  And sorry for the <OT-TID> thread.  I didn't mean for it to get out of hand like
that.

--
Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.e-i-s.cc/

Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business