Thank you.  Thoughts and prayers are welcome, especially in
the time frame 2:00 - 4:00 Pacific time, 17th July.  :o)

++ kevin

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 05:55:45PM +0200, patrick Kapturkiewicz wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
> Next week, I shall have a thought for you :-)
> Patrick
>
>  --- Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> >
> > Another point of reference: I've been using 8i on RH
> > 7.1 for
> > quite a while in a research setting.  The database
> > is
> > the TPC schema, at about 1GB of data and 2GB of
> > sometimes on a single IDE disk, sometimes on 4 SCSI
> > disks.
> > This has worked well for me, and I expect to defend
> > my
> > PhD thesis based on this work next week.  Oracle has
> > given
> > me no unusual problems with this setup since 7.1
> > came out.
> >
> > I switched to 7.1 after all my 6.2 systems had been
> > overtaken by some sort of Linux worm, and I needed
> > get a system that was receiving current security
> > updates.
> >
> > ++ kevin

Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]
At school: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kogorman/index.html
Web: http://kosmanor.com/~kevin/index.html

"Life is short; eat dessert first!"