I would like to know who is going to run the certification program. All
these trusted apps will have to get certs. When every program needs one it
it is going to interact on a network, the whole cert thing must surely be
fully layed out.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Pam R wrote:
> > Turning "Palladium" completely off includes turning it off in hardware,
> > which prevents any software from turning it back on. Users have the
> > ultimate control over their systems and their information; "Palladium"
> > does not entail any global requirements.

You can turn this off, but then you can only talk over the net to apps that
will listen to such machines. All those Linux servers out there will
probably oblige. We are really talking about the MS network services that
will not listen to your box. So, in England, for example, where the
government has set up all public information in an MS solution, all citizens
wishing to access government info will have to run Palladium complieant
software. Or be shut out.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |