On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:46:04 -0700
Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 20 September 2002 10:44 am,Pam R wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > "
> > "Palladium" is an opt-in system.
> >
> > "Palladium" is entirely an opt-in solution; systems will ship with
> > the "Palladium" hardware and software features turned off. The user
> > of the system can choose to simply stay with this default setting,
> > leaving all "Palladium"-related capabilities (hardware and software)
> > disabled.
> >

> For now.  Forgive me, but I'm paranoid.  It seems like it's not much of
> a step to make this permanent.

"It changes what can be believed from your computer." So if your Linux box
cannot generate the info needed, your interactions with the outside world
will be limited. As MS say, you can run whatever software you want on your
machine. But try talking to another machine...

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |