Greetings,

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Joel Hammer wrote:
>
> > This is an email I copied from another website I subscribe to.
> > Is there a way to technical fix this problem?
> >
> > Joel
> >
> >    The company I work for is an international importer. My own job is to
> >    scan import documents into a webserver, so that the customers can view
> >    the document online easily.
> >
> >    As I scan over 1000 pages everyday, I've noticed that the airline
> >    documentation is frequently carbon copies, and (here's the problem)
> >    the carbon is blue. Invisible to scanners, and very hard for a typical
> >    photocopier to reproduce. So for every file that I get with blue carbon
> >    copies, it means making at least 1 photocopy per page.
> >
> >    I really don't think it would be a problem to change the carbon color
> >    from blue to black, but I don't know how to say this to the airlines
> >    properly and be heard.

   Do the scanning through a pale yellow gel and shift the colors away
from blue to another color.  Try various colored gels until you get the
color and contrast to your liking.

      --- Jay

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)
| Jay Nugent   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    (734)971-1076    (734)971-4529/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |