David Aikema wrote:

I've currently got Windows 98 SE (on a 10 gig drive) installed alongside SuSE 7.3 Pro (on an 8.4 gig drive) using a motherboard about 2 1/2 years old. If I were to replace these two drives with a single 60 gig+ drive should I expect to encounter any problems?

My experience is that the two do not always co-exist together. I've had Linux eat my Windows 98 data drive and turn it into one big swap file. There's also been problems with the Linux version of Disk Druid not ending partitions on a cylinder boundary (or something like that, IIRC).

I'd really advise keeping one or the other one its own drive, depending upon which one you want to have the most space.

Most larger drives come with a DOS-bootable disk with a utility on it that allows you set up the drive to insure that whole thing is usable when you install it --- its a one-time operation.

BOF