Okay.  I'll try it -after I finish reading the XFS site in it's entirety
<G>.  I've been going through all the docs on installation there.

It appears that if I build a kernel (say 2.4.19) that I need to apply
patches against it.  The docs are a little unclear in that one page says I
need to start with 2.4.18.  The following pages say I can use 2.4.x and
patch against it.  What is true - am I stuck with 2.4.18?

> I would guess that a simple
> rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.18-SGI_XFS_1.1.athlon.rpm
> would do the trick.  You might need to manually update lilo.conf too.
>
> On 11/04/2002 03:59 PM, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
>> I just looked at this again.  I know why I picked what I did.  It was the
>> SGI ISO that does what RH's CD 1 does - do the install and hopefully
>> merge
>> the XFS stuff in with the standard install.  I would have thought that
>> since it knew what architecture I had that it would have built or used an
>> the proper XFS kernel for an AMD.  RH's CDs are for any architecture and
>> will create a kernel for it so I assume that  the SGI iso will do the
>> same.
>>  Am I wrong?
>>
>> If I get the kernel below how do I integrate it into the install?  I have
>> a clean system I'm trying to install with XFS and avoid converting later.

>>>Perhaps you need the Athlon kernel RPM? See:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.1/kernel_rpms/2.4.18/athlon/kernel-2.4.18-SGI_XFS_1.1.athlon.rpm

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]