On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 19:03:25 -0500 "Leon A. Goldstein"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tony Alfrey wrote:
> > Hi
> > I happen to be on the suse list also (but don't use it much).
> > Ever since 8.1 came out, the amount of angst and problems seem to
> > have risen considerably on that list.  For you suse'ers, is this
> > just new users or does it seem that 8.1 might have been a little
> > "rushed"??
> >

> I've had that impression since SuSE 6.4.

I think with any of the major players (rh, suse, mandrake) and even
with gentoo you need to hit the "sweet spot," like in golf.
Occasionally they get it just right - rh 7.3 for example.

As someone else said, they're rushing to the GCC 2.3 compiler, but not
everything is ready for GCC 2.3.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
Redhat 7.3 system