I'm really confused.

Gphoto says some cameras just come up looking like a file system when
you plug them into a USB port.  Mine does this on machines running
Windoze.  So presumably I don't need gphoto.  Or do I?

All I can make of the docs on the USB hotplug stuff is that there's
stuff in there.  I get no clue about how to use it.  I'm running
Caldera 3.1.1 (kernel 2.4.13).  I plug in my camera, and
/proc/bus/usb/devices shows something that vaguely looks like
it could be my camera.  But nothing happens to the filesystem
that I can see.  I don't know how to get at my camera.

I don't see a SxS for cameras at all.

Help?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kevin@;kosmanor.com
Permanent e-mail forwarder: mailto:Kevin.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]