> Upgraded from what?

The exact version was 5.01 r48, came with RH8
>  Was a new version of flash released recently?

The version I downloaded today from Macromedia was 5.01 r50

I was hoping it might run a website my kids like to go to play games

>  And
> what do you mean by 'crashes'?

It just stops dead, freezes before the page will load

>  Are you sure that mozilla is actually
> cleanly terminating,

No it isn't, to get it to run again I have to manually kill mozilla-bin

> and not leaving any processes behind?  If its
> running as root, and not as a normal user, then that's got to be
> something permissions related.

I tried switching permissions of the 2 flash files all around and
nothing changed

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards

Mike