Anita Lewis wrote:

> I don't have rc.local - I think I used that in RedHat.  I don't have
> /etc/sysconfig/hardware or /etc/init.d/hwtools either (Running Woody).  I
> read somewhere that one could put scripts like this into /etc/rcS.d.  I
> guess I'd just make it the last script to run.
>
> Is there a link to /etc/init.d/hwtools from either the rcS.d or rc2.d
> directories?  I'd be interested in knowing what number is attached so that I
> could place mine similarly.  Thanks.

See if you have /etc/rc.boot/hwtools.  This is what it looks like.
To edit, uncomment the appropriate line(s) and add arguments.

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/init.d/hwtools (previously /etc/rc.boot/hwtools)
#

# Optimize interrupts. You might want to add parameters if you want
# to favor ttyS1 or ttyS0 or something else.
if command -v irqtune >/dev/null 2>&1; then
#   irqtune [PUT ARGS HERE]
   true
fi

# hdparm optimization
# Switches on interrupts during transfers and does multi sector
transfers
if command -v hdparm >/dev/null 2>&1; then
#   hdparm -q [PUT ARGS HERE]
   true
fi

# configure QIC-02 interface
# see qic02conf(8)
# qic02conf --card= --port= --dma= --irq=

--
Leon A. Goldstein