On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:28:02PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 07:08:04PM -0600, RBE wrote:
>>
>> SuperProbe was a wonderful program (in Caldera's 2.4.x releases).  I
>> haven't seen it in a long time.  Is it available anymore or is there a
>> replacement for it?  No one seems to even know what it is for when I
>> ask.
>
>SuperProbe was distributed as part of XFree86. It has been removed
>from the 4.0.x source tree, I believe. However, it has a very capable
>replacement:
>
># X -configure

That creates a basic configuration file.

The ``X -scanpci'' command produces something more like the old
SuperProbe command (I spent entirely too much time fiddling with
that until about 2am last Sunday attempting to make various ATI
cards work :-).

Bill

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts
to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to
be one of the facts that needs altering.
                -- Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"