On 11/25/2002 11:42 AM, someone claiming to be Net Llama! wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Net Llama! wrote:
<snip>

Does this mean that the problem is with /lib/libpthread.so.0 ?

I think i've figured out (part of) thje problem.  Somehow, and i've yet to
figure out how, when i was attempting to build glibc-2.2.5 last week,
parts of it got installed.  I have no idea how, since the build bombed out
(ironically with a core dump) and i never even got as far as the 'make
install' phase.

I was wondering whether this was the same box that you tried updating glibc on. I thought you got that installed all the way, though.

My recomendation? Punt.
Assuming your data is backed up. Reinstall the O/S. Fixing a horked glibc is, um, problematic.

Tim