On Thursday 05 December 2002 00:21, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> > The X stuff was installed as a dependency of kde and kde runs fine,
> > except fonts are too small. I tried running gnome, but it complained that
> > some needed fonts were not found. Very odd as the font directories all
> > seem to have what I expect, the font.xxx files seem complete, and the X
> > server log lists that these directories will be used. I think the problem
> > is not finding the fonts. It is serving them.
> >
> > Any gentoo-specific pointers?

A while back there was a post on the gentoo mail list that a fonts dir
location was missing in X and had to be edited. I can not remember exactly
what that was.  A search of gentoo lists should get you that info. I'll look
for it later and if I locate that post I'll forward it to you. I had to add
the resolutions to my XF86Config after configuring X which I thought was
rather odd. We must keep in mind that it is a release candidate so there is
bound to be a couple of glitches along the way.
--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.