On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 19:20, Lee wrote:

snipped

> It doesn't have a built in mail program like messenger, it won't allow
> me to access netscape the e-mail account that I run to misdirect the
> spammers in addition to my normal e-mail and it's cannibalistic. I
> prefer Netscape 7.0 (personnel preference) but when I try to download
> and install it (SuSE 8.0 doesn't come with it) Mozilla takes it over and
> when I access Netscape Mozilla pops up. I don't like pop ads or programs
> that pop up and take over other programs. I find that SuSE 8.0 is a very
> good OS, but the lack of the browser that I prefer is a serious
> annoyance.

snipped

Can't comment on the email issue with Mozilla (I have been using
evolution for the last year or so), BUT SuSE 8.0 does come with
Netscape.  It has been a while since I loaded the distro, so from memory
you probably need to look in the "pay" section for Netscape.  Just
checked on this computer and the version loaded is 6.2.1 from the SuSE
DVD.  Appears that I did not finish setting up Netscape because I
switched to Mozilla.

As of version 8.0, Mozilla is the default browser for SuSE.  Speaking of
pop-ups, they can be turned off with Mozilla/Galeon but not with
Netscape.

To get the latest Mozilla compiled specifically for SuSE go to:
www.usr-local-bin.org  The maintainer at that site does a pretty good
job of keeping the gnome type apps (moz, galeon, evolution) current for
SuSE users.

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01