On Thursday 05 December 2002 09:20 pm, someone claiming to be Lee wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > Lee wrote:
> > > Anybody know of a mail program that does both text and html? Have been
> > > using netscape mail on SuSE 7.2. Upgraded to SuSE 8.0 and no netscape
> > > only the retarded version of netscape -mozilla. Trief using evolution,
> > > kmail, ans sypheed but all I get for html mail is either a message
> > > hidden in formating symbols or messages with blank outlined holes where
> > > pictures and captions should be.
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > What's wrong with Mozilla?
>
> It doesn't have a built in mail program like messenger, it won't allow
> me to access netscape the e-mail account that I run to misdirect the
> spammers in addition to my normal e-mail and it's cannibalistic. I
> prefer Netscape 7.0 (personnel preference) but when I try to download
> and install it (SuSE 8.0 doesn't come with it) Mozilla takes it over and
> when I access Netscape Mozilla pops up. I don't like pop ads or programs
> that pop up and take over other programs. I find that SuSE 8.0 is a very
> good OS, but the lack of the browser that I prefer is a serious
> annoyance.

Have you considered *uninstalling* mozilla, if it annoys you so?
Uninstall mozilla, install Netscape.

What do you mean by mozilla "won't allow [you] to access netscape the e-mail
account"? I would find it highly annoying that I could access my mail account
via only *one* program. E-mail should be e-mail and be retrievable by any
e-mail client. Netscpae/AOL, however, feels differently.

Mozilla, FWIW, is *better* at blocking pop-up adds than Netscape. And many
users of Mozilla are just as frustrated by Netscape/AOL crippling Mozilla and
calling it Netscape 7. Take a look at Phoenix,
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/
It's a browser only project started by Mozilla developers who were frustrated
by the direction of Mozilla developement.

Regards,
Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, Gnome 2.x, Xfree86 4.2.0
  7:00pm  up 3 days, 18:50,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00