On Monday 16 December 2002 02:14 am, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> Bob Raymond wrote:
> >>SiSŪ 645DX & SiSŪ 962L chipset
> >>Integrated USB 2.0
> >>ATX P4S5A/DX Motherboard
> >
> >I'm guessing that's Asus because their model names look something like
> > that. Asus is known to be quite reliable.
>
> Its made by ECS who ever they might be. ( http://www.ecsusa.com )

Ahh.. that explains having both DDR and SDR slots.  Apparently they're pretty
good, and pretty cheap.  But I don't see any reason to be looking to Ebay for
a new motherboard, as you'll find plenty of cheap stuff just by looking at
Pricewatch.  My mb was something like $109, and I went overboard on the RAM
and got PC3200, which is only running at PC2700 right now, and for a total of
about $300, I tripled my comp's speed, and made it so I could upgrade to the
latest and greatest Athlon XP's, which the old board didn't support.  That
$109 motherboard is currently selling for more like $85-$90 now.

                                        Bob Raymond