On Wednesday 18 December 2002 03:22 pm, Tom Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 15 December 2002 09:42 pm, Bob Raymond's voice rose above the
>
> ones in my head and declared:
> > On Monday 16 December 2002 02:31 am, Net Llama! wrote:
> > > My experiences with Asus haven't been all that stellar.  They tend
> > > to cut corners with specs which results in unreliable hardware when
> > > pushed to its limits.  Also SiS makes hardware that is notiriously
> > > incompatible with Linux.
> >
> > I really don't know of a good mb manufacturer to turn to- I have one
> > complaint with my EPoX board, and that's with its shutdown/reboot
> > abilities- I have to shut off the power supply when rebooting,
> > otherwise the USB ports don't initialize.
>
> I just bought a Soyo Dragon Lite for AMD Socket A w/ Via KT333 Chipset
> and just got my parts last week and put the box together Friday night.
> I have seen no problems with it at all in the 5 days it has been
> running.  I have taxed it yet because I have yet to transfer my data
> from my old box to it yet but I've given a decent test run so far.

I might look into Soyo for my next board, but it's not a big enough deal
anymore about the USB ports because I don't use the USB components (my
printer/scanner/copier combo) all that often, what with my "new" HP Laser 4M
plus.

> Plus on the Soyo website, they list their boards as actually supporting
> Linux.  That was the only Mobo manufacturer site that I seen that did
> that.

As opposed to EPoX, who's site is down often enough for me to know that they
use IIS.

                                                Bob Raymond