On Monday 23 December 2002 10:42 pm, someone claiming to be Marvin Dickens
wrote:

> Go purchase a big, copper (Read: Not aluminum.... Copper is
> approximately 40% more efficient than aluminum) heat sink that has at
> least a 4500 rpm fan attached to it and your problems will disappear.
> Temperatures over 118 Fahrenheit inject chipset Gremlins into  AMD
> powered systems.

<snip>

Now *that* sounds like a plan! After updating my BIOS, and installing new RAM,
I still have problems. I've also got the feeling that my video card may be
going bonkers on me. When I switch to a console (Ctrl-Alt-F1), I'm now
getting white spots on a portion of my screen. I also get ghosts when
dragging icons around the desktop.

Regards,

Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, Gnome 2.x, Xfree86 4.2.0
  7:00am  up  8:33,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00