Jerry McBride wrote:

I still have problems. I've also got the feeling that my video card may be going bonkers on me. When I switch to a console (Ctrl-Alt-F1), I'm now getting white spots on a portion of my screen. I also get ghosts when dragging icons around the desktop.

Turn off box, remove cover, unplug video card, run pencil eraser across card
edge connectors, plug card back in, close cover and reboot box. test for video
anomalies...

Go get beer...

If your video card has a large hesatsink (or any heat-sink) get it away or get other cards away from it. (HEAT!) Depending where your AGP slot is of course. On one of my boxes the AGP is off to one side away from the pci slots, The problem box has the AGP slot right up against the pci slots which caused heat problems and was fixed by moving pci gards away from the agp slot. If your CPU has been running too hot for too long and now is showing up on video is a very bad sign. Do these spots show up right after powering up as well, or does this happen after your system has been up for a while?

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.