At 04:19 PM 5/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
You set the gateway to the address of whatever box is going to take care of
figuring out how to route the request.  If you ask for something that is
not on your subnet one of the boxes has to be the guy who knows where to
send it - that's the gateway or router.  In Windows terms it's the gateway.

Keith Antoine wrote:

That waht I thought that we have to set it to the nic IP in the linux box, which is
198.162.0.1, however we did and they pinged but did not, other than the linux box, see the net.
It has to be something very basic and simple.

Keith Antoine aka skippy.