On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 05:55:41PM -0800, Net Llama! wrote:
>On 01/07/03 11:02, Bill Campbell wrote:
>> I'm still a bit leery of USB-anything.  FireWire has been around and well
>> supported by Apple for quite a while so I suspect it's a bit more robust.
>
>Leery about what exactly?  USB seems to be far more mainstreamed on PC
>hardware these days.

PC hardware tends to be commodity crap, and not what I want to trust with
mission critical data.  Windows is far more mainstreamded than Linux, but
I'm not planning on running that either.

Bill

``It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually
take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our
house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or
without, we must try to extinguish it.''
    -- Thomas Jefferson to James Lewis, Jr., 1798.