I've used VMware more than i'd like, with W2k on a linux host, and its
done what i've neededf.  Granted, that's primarily smoketesting various
kinds of broken M$ software in a linux environment.  As for graphic
intensive stuff, sure, it won't let you play Quake3, but for viewing still
images, its quite satisfactory.