On Tuesday 28 January 2003 9:37 pm, someone claiming to be Kurt Wall wrote:
> Feigning erudition, Joel Hammer wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> % The problem is the cursor, when over a link,  becomes that whimpy looking
> % small hand with the pointed finger, not really very impressive. Since the
> % presenter might like to use the mouse to point out items of interest in
> % the image, a bigger pointer, like a big arrow, would be much more useful.
> %
> % I do not know where this is fixed: the GUI,  the browser (I am using
> opera, but % may have to use IE if the computer has windows installed), or
> in the html.
>
> I'm pretty certain the cursor is controlled by the GUI, although you
> *might* be able to change the cursor using JavaScript or Java or (this
> is a stretch) CSS. CSS probably doesn't extend to cursor manipulation,
> though, so I'd look at JavaScript first because it is simpler.
>
> Kurt

I remember reading somewhere that you can control the cursor somewhat using
CSS. Different browsers may display them slightly differently...
<quick google search on "css cursor style">
This looks interesting:
http://www.codeave.com/css/code.asp?u_log=4017

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  9:00pm  up 8 days, 53 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.23, 0.16