On 1/29/2003 12:16 PM, someone claiming to be Gerry Doris wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Tom Wilson wrote:

Not trying to be facetious here but are you sure that there is a
audio cable running from you cd-rom to your sound card?  That would
be my first guess.

--Tom Wilson

Yes, there is an audio cable connected.  I even booted back to win98
(it's been a while) and I can play the same cd's without problem.
The hardware works!

Well, assuming you've actually *looked* at the hardware and have seen
the cable and know it's connected and are not assuming that the cable is
connected because Windows plays the CD's, run a mixer, kmix for KDE,
and make sure the volume on the CD is not muted, and is turned up high enough.

HTH,
Tim