Feigning erudition, Tasha Smith wrote:
%
% Hiii...Thank you soo much i really appreciate your patience with me. Setting this
%  thing up. I will be hanging around this mailling list soo next time someone else
%  needs help like me i can offer them a hand and if not point them to these post at
%  least  :) Im just going through the logs and stuff seeing what things do. A log
file
% can get pretty filled up with all the queries right now all my messages are
%  going in /var/log/messages file if i wanted all the query logs to go to another
file i
%  would have to edit a part of my named.conf right?

Correct. Some variation of the "logging" statement should do.

[...]

Kurt
--
If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive!
                -- Samuel Goldwyn