Hi,
I've configured sudo so that I can execute checkinstall as my normal user in an effort to automate the updating of gnucash from CVS. As far as I can tell, sudo is working correctly. When I execute
/usr/bin/sudo checkinstall -R -y --pkgname=gnucash-CVS --pkgversion=1.8.20030218 --provides=gnucash-CVS
from the command line, checkinstall is run, gnucash gets installed and an RPM is built. It also works when the command gets executed from a script.
But, when the script is run as a cron job, it fails waiting for a password.

What am I doing wrong?

If you want to look at the script (my scripting skills are, um, basic, to say the least...), you can find it here:
http://www.thewunders.org/files/gnucashUpdate

Regards,
Tim