On Thursday 20 February 2003 11:38 pm, someone claiming to be Jerry McBride
wrote:
> Anyone here ever use Alpha IV under OS/2?

Used it under DOS and Winders 3.1, never OS/2...

> It was a full featured relational database... quite nice and handy... Easy
> as pie to setup inventory applications, etc...

Yep. It used DBase III files, and later DBase IV, Ashton-Tate made DBase,
IIRC... yep,
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/bordbv.htm
And I think it eventually got called xBase, because of all the deriviative
products.

Perhaps this might do:
http://www.plugsys.com/products/max20/
Never used it, but it looks interesting at first glance.

> I was wondering if anyone has found a Linux equivalent, perhaps
> front-ending for mysql? I've got a project being pushed my way and it'd be
> quite nice to implement it on top of linux. Otherwise I'll be required to
> run it on OS/2 using an old copy of Alpha IV.

Oh, and you could always talk to the source:
http://www.alphasoftware.com/

HTH,
Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  7:30am  up 3 days, 21:26,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.24, 0.10