Javier Hernandez wrote:

Hi All,

I try the same process on the other linux and it happens exactly the
same.
:((

I get into a win98SE I have on the first partition of that computer
and initially everything is fine except when I try to create a CD
image with Nero then the system hang-ups.

:((

I am performing now a "memtest" just in case but I am really lost about
what to do.

Maybe is the motherboard the one have problems ?

any suggestions ?

Murphy: it always happens the weekends.
:))

Best regards,

Upgrading your bios might have been the culprit especially if it has messed with the ide. If you have a copy of the old bios, try refashing the bios with it and get yourself a copy of knopix to boot up your system and and try recovering your system from there.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.

According to Ottawa "ALL CANADIANS ARE LIARS AND THIEVES"