ayup, mimdefang has gone bezerk. there were over 300 of it running just a few minutes ago before i stopped all the mta related stuff, and restarted it. unfortunately, the load spiked up to 15.00 all over again just minutes later. i don't understand how SuSE does stuff well enough to fix this. on redhat this would be a piece `o cake to fix.