Net Llama! wrote:
i don't understand how SuSE does stuff well enough
to fix this.  on redhat this would be a piece `o cake to fix.

<snip>

I can sympathize. Seems like every time a config file is edited by hand, some built-in function of yast changes it back. Very frustrating. Also why the last SuSE box we have will be an XFS RH 7.3 system by this time next week. (To it's credit though, 8.0 had XFS support which has worked flawlessly, even after glibc upgrades)

--
Andrew Mathews