On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jason Joines wrote:
> Net Llama! wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jason Joines wrote:
> >

> >>    We have a user that uses Adobe PageMaker and other similar stuff and
> >>her win machine constantly crashes.  We would like to move her to Linux
> >>but need to find a similar product for her to use first.
> >>    Any ideas?
> >>

> >Star Office?  What does she use PageMaker for?
> >

> The term she uses is "Desktop Publishing".  Seems like she makes little
> brochures and booklets that end up being sent to a professional print
> shop.  Tri-fold stuff with lots a graphics on shiny paper.  Odd-sized
> booklets, etc.

StarOffice is certainly capable of doing that kinda thing, although prolly
not as easily as PageMaker.  FrameMaker is much better at it, although i
think i remember the Linux version of Framemaker being EOL about  ayear
ago.  The gimp might also be good for this, if she's leaning more towards
graphics than text.