On 2/25/2003 10:51 AM, someone claiming to be Jason Joines wrote:
Net Llama! wrote:

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jason Joines wrote:

We have a user that uses Adobe PageMaker and other similar stuff and
her win machine constantly crashes. We would like to move her to Linux
but need to find a similar product for her to use first.
Any ideas?

Star Office? What does she use PageMaker for?

The term she uses is "Desktop Publishing". Seems like she makes little brochures and booklets that end up being sent to a professional print shop. Tri-fold stuff with lots a graphics on shiny paper. Odd-sized booklets, etc.

Lyx? http://www.lyx.org/