I know that most people on this list consider XFS to be rock-solid reliable,
but I keep reading from time to time that it is not perfect.  Excerpt from a
recent posting on Gentoo.

-----------------

>From C. Candell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

You need to emerge xfs-sources for support  XFS of
filesystems. I've been using XFS for a few months now, but I wouldnt
use it on a computer which is not connected to a UPS since I've had
a few nasty accidents with XFS where shutting down in the middle of
an emerge has left my system crippled (on a computer NOT on a UPS).

If you have a UPS then I suggest you give the XFS filesystem a
try... but please make sure to read more about it, since you can
loose data if you are not careful and do a hard shutdown in the
middle of something important.

PS: I'm not trying  to start an fs war (I have nothing against XFS, other than
the fact that it's not yet part of the stable kernel) - just reporting
feedback.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
Athlon-XP gentoo 1.4_rc2 kde 3.1