On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:24:50PM -0500, David A. Bandel wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:29:11 -0800
>Bill Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I ran into a problem yesterday when attempting to export from xfig
>> into any graphics format (e.g. jpeg, gif, png) with a ghostscript
>> error.  I get the same error attempting to convert postscript or eps
>> exports from xfig to images using the ImageMagik ``convert'' program
>> so it appears to be ghostscript related.  The URL below is a screen
>> capture of the error dialog from xfig:
>>
>>      http://www.celestial.com/images/tmpxfigerror.jpg
>
>have you tried to run the "command was:" line from a CLI?  perhaps gs
>will give you a little better hint when the error message isn't
>intercepted by xfig.

Yup.  Nothing but something cryptic about transparent.

>But if I had to guess, I suspect you have an unsupported device
>(sDEVICE=png16m), which is a pretty detailed png (24 bit).  You running
>24bit graphics or 16bit?

The same thing happens with gif and jpeg.  I compared the devicenames on
SuSE's against a Caldera 3.1.1 workstation install, and the openpkg install
of ghostscript, and SuSE's pretty much a superset of either of them.  The
wierd thing is that I can export properly from xfig under Caldera 3.1.1.

Bill

Basic Definitions of Science:
    If it's green or wiggles, it's biology.
    If it stinks, it's chemistry.