On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:52:50 -0500
Matthew Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW  I believe.
>
> I don't see a problem with using them as a backup medium where the same
> device will be used to write and read them.  It's when you want
> interoperability. I'm pretty sure my DVD player at home will not read
> DVD+anything.

Exactly. Our backup scenario is that backups are make in vehicles zipping
about the planet, and these are sent to various offices and/or clients. So,
interoperability is a requirement. There is a very nice K backup suite that
we were considering using. But, being K, was not available for MS OS. We
could implement a nice backup system, but you needed the same software to
unpack it.

--
+ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ+ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ+
ˇ Roger Oberholtzer          ˇ   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        ˇ