On Friday 21 March 2003 11:01 pm, someone claiming to be Brad De Vries wrote:
> --- Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Friday 21 March 2003 5:20 pm, someone claiming to
> >
> > be Brad De Vries wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a program to simply save a
> > > recording from a microphone?  I've installed and
> > > configured the kphone program, signed up for FWD
> > > (http://www.freeworldialup.com) and, before I make

> > > complete fool of myself calling people, I wanted

> > > check the levels on my microphone.
> >
> > aumix, kmix, ??mix
> > There should be a mixer installed somewhere.
> > HTH,
> > Tim
>
> Unfortunately neither aumix nor kmix (that's all I
> have for ??mix) have the ability to record what's
> coming from the mic.  They only have the ability to
> set the levels.  The man page for aumix seems to
> indicate that it can record (option "R") but I don't
> see where it's recording to or from.
>
> Any other thoughts or further instructions on the
> above mentioned programs?

I guess I misunderstood your original question, I thought you just wanted to
set the levels...

I'd use kmix to set the levels, the gnome-sound-recorder or krec to record.
KDE comes with krec, but I've never used it. I regularly use
gnme-sound-recorder to record .WAV files (AFAIK, krec can't save as .WAV).

HTH,
Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  9:15am  up 13 days, 16:32,  4 users,  load average: 3.09, 1.08, 0.38