I must be over-looking some basic step in setting up (or attempting to)
mysql.
This is on a Slackware-8.1 box.I have done the "mysql_install_db;
mysqladmin -u <user> -p password 'new-pasword' I then use "safe_mysqld
&" to start mysqld .. then when I try to create or do anything I keep
getting
 mysqld Enter password:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)'
Any thoughts? I missed something of that I'm sure. I've read the FM over
and over again but I can't see what I've missed. I followed (HTML docs)
to the letter and still no joy. Should setting up mysql be this
illusive?

TIA

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)