On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 18:37, Jerry McBride wrote:

> > mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>
> Are you doing this as root?
YES

> > error: 'Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)'
>
> Are you doing this as user TED?
TED

> Yup. It can be a total nightmare first time around. Even second, third, etc...
> Log in as root, ping localhost for fun, then run mysqladmin and try to create
> and then delete a couple of databases... if that works then you are in. Run
> mysqladmin again and create your real database. Fireup mysql, access your new
> database and setup permissions for user TED and ROOT coming in from both
> localhost and whatever ip you wish. Quit mysql and then run your application, or
> whatever you have to use your new database as user TED or ROOT.

Setting up permissions for user "ted" and "root" is where I keep getting
things totally fragged. Untill I set perms I can create/delete databases
no prob.But then more RTFM shed the light. I can start using
mysql(sort-of)

. One final hurdle. In setting up php-nuke the install indicates to use
the command;

mysql nuke < nuke.sql

This goes nowhere. I can now connect to mysql create and delele dbases
but I can't seem to fill the dbase "nuke" with the contents of nuke.sql.
Am I still in the dark? You bet I am:)
 Is there not a command  such as "mysqlshow" but perhaps a fill or
inport function or something within mysql that would do this? Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.