On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:40:01 -0500
Kurt Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> An unnamed Administration source, Collins Richey, wrote:
> % On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:57:33 -0500
> % Kurt Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> % BTW, the network configuration stuff is where I always fall over
> % the cliff with Slack (or debian for that matter).  Hows about a
> % brief howto that explains how the networking stuff works on Slack?
> % Yeah, I know I could RTFM, but I usually can't figure out which FM.
>
> Most of the network configuration stuff happens in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1
> and /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2.

Thanks, Kurt.  Will file away to use when I try Slack again.  I just got
my disks reorg'd, gentoo updated, and a good backup, so maybe next week
I'll be ready to play again.  I still need a larger hard drive, but I
found space for a new install.

Also, my new 19" ViewSonic is up and flying.  Life is better with a
little more screen real estate.

--
Collins