On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Dennis Veatch wrote:

> On Monday 02 June 2003 04:17 pm, Enrico Pirani wrote:

> > > 128MB + 896MB = 1024MB (1GB).  That's your answer right there.  If you
> > > don't like that, then you need to get a new videcard with its own
> > > dedicatred memory.
> >
> > HA! HA! HA!
> >
> > Come on!, This video card doesn't share memory. It uses his own memory.
> >

> Not true, depends on the chipset/mobo, reference (one amoung many);
>
> http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xb2703fd7f72ad611abd50090277a778c,00.html

Hey, look better:

.....The 11mb shared memory is dynamically allocated... meaning the system
will automatically allocated this memory from the ram when it is required.
The 11mb comes from the system memory, so it robs the system of RAM. You
most likely have an intel 81x series chipset inside your computer...
bascially this means that you have no actualy video card, but your chipset
contains graphics into the motherboard. The intel integrated....

----My card is  a PCI based video card equipped with 128Mb DDR-Ram.

again look better:

......If you want to install a video card, you will have to install a PCI
based
video card, unless if you upgrade to a motherboard that contains an AGP
slot. The PCI based video card will improve performance greatly, but it
will still not be comparable to an AGP based video card. A popular video
card that is in the PCI format is the ATI Radeon 32mb SDR. The problem is,
ATI may have discontinued this card, so it may be hard to find..

Enrico