Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:54:02 -0400
From: Matthew Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: warning RAM

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:10:39 -0400
Dennis Veatch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My point was that some video cards (that is built ins) do use system ram.
> Anyway have you tried appending mem=xxxx to lilo or grub?

It's not a bad thing to keep in mind, although since I JUST (like yesterday)
got myself the Nvidia Ti4200 (128Mb) for my new box I CERTAINLY hope the
vendor didn't pull some sort of memory-sharing shenanigan...  I'm certain that
it isn't..

However, just to ask the question: Does your main board ALSO have a Video card
built in, and if so, is it enabled and using shared memory?  This is very
unlikely since those cards wouldn't ordinarily use 128MB shared ram.
Typically they'll steal 8, 16, or 32MB.

I haven't installed SuSE 8.2 on my new box yet but I'll let you know if I see
anything similar.