Joel Hammer wrote:
I posted awhile back about my lindows box ($200, Debian distro). I noted
that running xine froze  the computer and required a reinstall of the
whole dang thing.  Since then, I have been leery of video, although
realplayer has worked fine.

I just installed mplayer from the lindows warehouse (I mean, how else can
you view those movies from the weather satellites?). It runs beautifully.
So, there is hope for video on this box.

You need  a small file added in order to play DVD's with xine.  I don't know how Lindows handles this.   Libranet's Xine would not play  until I downloaded the missing codec.  Since there apparently is some legal issue involved, I don't think it appropriate to discuss details here.

BTW the latest Consumer Reports has a review of the Walmart Lindows boxes.  It is not favorable.
However, Consumer Reports takes an "average user" perspective.  Your previous posts on the the subject make a convincing argument that a knowledgeable Linuxist can wring acceptable performance out of one of the Walmart Lindows boxes.

Leon A. Goldstein