| --- Andrew Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| wrote:

|>Swapana Ghosh wrote:
|>| Thanks again.
|>|
|>| I will follow as you advised.
|>|

|>|
|>| Where i need to mention this line?
|>|
|>| Thanks and regards.
|>| -Swapna
|

| Few days back I asked few questions to you about
| sendmail. Regarding futher I am testing one mailing
| list under "Ecartis" mailing manger which is installed
| at one server  where MTA is qmail.
|
| I have to test this list with 2.5laks data.

What's a laks?

| I took one
| server where sendmail is installed and just for
| testing purpose i created 2000 aliases in the
| virtusertable as
|
|      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    nm1
|      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    nm1
|      [EMAIL PROTECTED] nm1
|
| I have created only nm1 user.
|
| Now i am watching when mail is coming from the qmail
| server then load in the sendmail server is going up
| high and the messages is coming
|
| Jun 12 21:51:06 nasik sendmail[6613]: rejecting
| connections on daemon MTA: load average: 12

You need to define a higher load average using
confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE in your sendmail.mc. Start at 25 and
increment it as necessary after retesting. Also check for confDELAY_LA
and confREFUSE_LA and post those if they exist.

| when load is coming down then again the connection is
| established...
| In this situation qmail server is deferring the
| records and going to the queue..Due to this reason it
| is taking lots of time to execute ...

What do the logs show?

| I have changed the queclearing time in the sendmail
| script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail and set to 15
| mints. Then also i am seeing the queue clearing is
| taking time.

Shouldn't matter. That's for processing outbound messages. You're
receiving them from the qmail server, not rewriting or forwarding them
so your local queue process time won't make a difference.

| So my question is how i will control the load so that
| smtp cannot reject the connection and my flow of
| process goes faster..

See above.

| qmail i am watching it is delivering very fast but due
| this sendmail behavior i am unable to test...

| Before that i executed the list with 2.5 laks records | but it took almost 9 days.... for normal process.. | After processing is finished , I found near about | 14,000 recrods did not able to process . Now i am | thinking where those mails are eaten up?

Probably.

| Again coming to this present testing, i am giving the
| command at
| qmail
|     $killall -ALRM  qmail-send.. so that it executes
| the dereferred records quickly. But then also under
| certain condition queue in the sendmail server is not
| generating....
| I have taken the sendmail server because as the
| mailing list will send the mails to the remote host
| only ...So  testing with remote server is the better
| choice. Moreover in the sendmail server i am running
| only the sendmail.. No other processing is running
| there....
|
| Please help me out how i will control the sendmail
| queue and how the process can be generated quickly
| without and smtp connection reject...
|
| Best regards.
| -Swapna

- --
Andrew Mathews
~ 12:29am  up 13 days, 14:40, 12 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.08, 1.08
QOTD:
        "It seems to me that your antenna doesn't bring in too many
        stations anymore."
- --