On 07/11/03 14:11, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

... the subject tells it all.
Now the module in question wasn't really forgotten, I didn't need it on my last recompile, but now I do: I have a very nice new device, a Mambo USB Music Drive which is a mp3 player and a 128 MB USB storage in one, as small as a lighter. It should hotplug in Linux as well as it does in Windows, so I need usb-storage.o which I had disabled on my last full kernel compile.
How could I get usb-storage working (on a stock 2.4.21 kernel) without the whole recompile story which I really don't want to go through?
This should be possible, and I faintly remember to have done something like that before ...
All the other necessary usb stuff is already there.

Assuming that usb-storage doesn't make changes to the kernel itself, i think you just need to do another kernel build, but skip the 'make bzImage' step.

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ L. Friedman [EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: http://netllama.ipfox.com

2:15pm up 5 days, 23:14, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.16, 0.08