OK. I have got cygwin, and I can access windows directories, and this
looks very possible. I can download a lot of packages and they work. This
could get habit forming.

However, how does one install software that doesn't appear  in the
menus when you run setup.exe? I need to install imagemagick's command
line utilities, but I did not see imagemagick in the list of available
programs.

Thanks,

Joel