Got a call this afternoon asking whether I was alive or not; as I was unsure
at the time I went and looked, sure enough I was there. So Shane asked me why
I disappeared, that there were some users that were asking what happened to
me ? I was sure that I would not be missed afer mostly lurking.

Anyway I am flattered that anyone was interested enough to ask where the
'thong' was and was he ok. It was a set of circumstances that took me
offline.

I changed my ISP and in doing so I unsubbed, but I did mail Doug with what I
was doing and that maybe it was best if I retired to oblivion. I could not
see the point if I was just lurking nowadays and not being able to contribute
to the discussions. It has got to the stage were my ability to keep up with
the changes in linux deteriorated badly. I am tending to be in kernel 2.2
days and I also forget simple Cline commands. As most know I am 70+ and try
as I might learning is now taking a great deal of effort. Still do builds and
installs, but no networking anymore, or complicated stuff.

I have swapped to mandrake 9.1 and am at least able to keep going here except
for the urpmi installs with the usual dependecy pitfalls. I still need to get
the dvd to record in this OS, do not bother to watch dvd's on the computer
anymore.

Nuff for now, yes Lonnie I know this should be in General sigh, wink ! Big
kiss to Kurt (Still breathing mate?), Shawn Taylor , How's Julia and Madison.
Hi agin to all you other 'serfs' especially Pascal if he is still listening

Oh, yes thanks for going to the trouble Shane. Sheesh now i'll have a big mail
box again.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161