On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:56:11 -0400
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

>Got a call this afternoon asking whether I was alive or not; as I was unsure
>at the time I went and looked, sure enough I was there. So Shane asked me why
>
>I disappeared, that there were some users that were asking what happened to
>me ? I was sure that I would not be missed afer mostly lurking.
>
>Anyway I am flattered that anyone was interested enough to ask where the
>'thong' was and was he ok. It was a set of circumstances that took me
>offline.
==================================
Hey, ol' Timer; you had a bunch of us worried!!!   Good to hear from you
again.
===========================

>I changed my ISP and in doing so I unsubbed, but I did mail Doug with what I
>was doing and that maybe it was best if I retired to oblivion. I could not
>see the point if I was just lurking nowadays and not being able to contribute
>
>to the discussions. It has got to the stage were my ability to keep up with
>the changes in linux deteriorated badly. I am tending to be in kernel 2.2
>days and I also forget simple Cline commands. As most know I am 70+ and try
>as I might learning is now taking a great deal of effort. Still do builds and
>
>installs, but no networking anymore, or complicated stuff.
================================
I'm only 50+ and don't do the "complicated stuff".  Just lurk, learn, and
occasionally make a comment, so we know you're well ;o)

>Oh, yes thanks for going to the trouble Shane. Sheesh now i'll have a big
>mail box again.
Guess you've resubbed, huh?  :o)
Best,
Mike

--
"The man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30
years of his life"