I see that more and more stuff will require gcc 3.3 and I've been
running gcc 2.95.2.  So can someone tell me what potential problems I
might have if I install 3.3.  Specifically
a)  will 3.3 prevent me from now making small changes in my 2.4.4 kernel
previously compiled with 2.95.2?
b)  Will I need some special tools to go with 3.3  (I'll of course read
the read me about things I'll need for 3.3)
c)  Is there some clever way that I might switch between 2.95.2 and 3.3?
gcc at the command line presumably knows only my most recent compiler.

General suggestions about switching would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]