On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:59:00 -0500
"David A. Bandel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:00:05 -0600
> Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > for the moment at least I'm now running on 2.6.0-test1
> >
> you'll want to patch up to 2.6.0-test2, test1 has a nasty habit of
> locking up.  Haven't had the problem with test2.

Thanks for the tip - no lockups here yet.  Any particular environment
that was flakey?

All I'm doing is email (sylpheed), browsing (MozFirebird), openoffice,
and the occasional kernel make.

Usually gentoo patches up from base level, but I guess they don't trust
the beta1 source: downloading the whole enchilada again (beta2).  Ah
well, that's what cable is for.  I'm not quite sure why they name it
beta instead of test.

Interestingly enough, the emerge now does warn you about the input
devices gotcha.

Off to do a make now.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the